Scan at the box office and concession stand to:
Save 0% on all snacks & drinks every visitEarn points & unlock rewards
1/12/2022 • 3 min read
We love popcorn, and we're always looking for new ways to enjoy the classic movie treat outside the movie theatre. Our latest obsession is Hot Cocoa Popcorn Squares, which riffs on a familiar recipe that has long been a favorite of kids everywhere. The original uses breakfast cereal and marshmallows — our new version swaps in our Pack-a-Pop popcorn and adds a bit of hot cocoa.
The result is a sweet-salty confection that is amazingly easy to make and will satisfy every snacker in your home!
If you'd prefer to have it all laid out in text here's the recipe:
— 16 Cups Pack-a-Pop Popcorn
— 6 cups mini marshmallows
— 8 tablespoons butter
— 1/2 cup hot cocoa mix
You'll need three bowls (small, medium, and large), a 9x9 baking dish, spatula, wax or parchment paper, and cooking spray.
1. First, line the baking dish with wax paper. Give it a coating with the cooking spray — and spray the spatula, too, to make the process easier!
2. Melt the butter, either using the microwave or stovetop. (Obviously, if going the stovetop route, you'll need a small saucepan, too.)
3. Add the cocoa mix, stir to combine, and set aside.
4. Warm 5 cups of marshmallows in the microwave for 40 seconds. (Because every microwave is different, your time may vary slightly — you want soft and somewhat melty but not liquid. You can do this on the stovetop, too, if you prefer. If you use the stovetop method, put a bit of butter in a large pot and soften the marshmallows over low heat.)
5. Add the chocolate/butter mixture and stir to combine.
6. Put the popcorn into a large bowl and pour the marshmallow/chocolate/butter mixture into the popcorn. Using the spatula, fold the mixture into the popcorn to coat it. Add the last cup of marshmallows.
7. Then just press the mixture into your prepared baking dish, let it all cool, cut into squares, and serve!
Everything We Know About Mission: Impossible 7
The Wicked Movie Adaptation: Everything You Need to Know
The Black Phone: Ethan Hawke's Scary Masks, Ranked
Your Browser Location May Be Disabled
Allow Cinemark to get your location by enabling location services in your browser settings.